1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Level 2 ICT OCR Nationals Unit 3

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by kevinrobinson, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Hi,

I'm wondering if anybody can help me out. I'm starting to teach a new OCR Nationals unit for ICT. The unit is based on Digital Imaging and Computer Graphics.
    Can anybody help me out or point me to some good resources that I might be able to use?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Kevin

2. Hi,

I'm wondering if anybody can help me out. I'm starting to teach a new OCR Nationals unit for ICT. The unit is based on Digital Imaging and Computer Graphics.
    Can anybody help me out or point me to some good resources that I might be able to use?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Kevin

3. it1

it1

Hi
    I have taught this unit many times. I assume you are following the 2010 specification. If so there is no MOdel Assignment as yet. However, this unit has very few changes from the Legacy specification.
    Here's what I've done - I have taken the Legacy Model Assignment 'Roxy Chocs' and printed off a copy. I have then looked at the Change Matrix to show difference between Legacy and 2010 spec. and have crossed out old parts and hand written in new parts. (Type it if you can be bothered!) I hav only had to make minimal changes.
    From memory I think AO1 there is now a requirement to look at four images and bitmap/vector has been removed. Think part about what message does the image convey has also been removed for Dist.
    AO3 - there are now four sources of components - internet, scanner, camera ad clip art.
    And, that's it.
    On Legacy part of OCR website there should still be exemplar work to look at.
    By the way, kids love Roxy Chocs - it is always an easy concept for them to understand and gather examples of. Just beware of them using images from Google Images of 'wrappers' for AO1 as this would count as a 'other surface' source even if they've used the Internet to get it.
    I hope this makes sense!