1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Level 2 finance qualifications

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by ME80, Jul 16, 2018.

1. ME80

ME80 New commenter

Has anyone taught any level 2 qualifications which can be counted towards the buckets for P8 and A8? I have been looking at the CeFE level 2 but have been unable to find any specimen exam papers etc to show my HOD. I am looking for a qualification that students who need an extra GCSE but may struggle to access languages, humanities etc.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. jsesstein53

jsesstein53 New commenter

HI
    I have sat the level one and two as a student and am currently on the level three - as I wanted to see for myself if the courses are worthwhile .. I can email practice papers to you or give you my who has just had her school re-accredited as a center of excellence for financial education - they have been running the course for a few years.

I will just check that its okay to pass her details on but she would be very good to talk to about them.
    kindest
    Jax

3. ME80

ME80 New commenter

That would be great. If you could email me the practice papers as I am not 100% sure if my students will be able to access the language

4. happilyconfused2

happilyconfused2 New commenter

Be careful the cefe level 2 is not for LPAG students. Also assessment changes are being made for it to count in performance tables 2020. There should be an announcement soon hopefully.

5. happilyconfused2

happilyconfused2 New commenter

You maybe better off with an NCFE VCERT qualification.

6. jsesstein53

jsesstein53 New commenter

Hi Again!

[This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions] is a fantastic person to speak to - i have asked her permission and her email address is [This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]

hope that helps
    Jax

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2018