1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Level 2 BTEC Engineering

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by re, Jun 17, 2011.

1. re

re New commenter

Although I must confes to feeling uncomfortable with the four GCSE equivalence, we run BTEC first diploma in engineering, which is even better now that they have dropped the compulsory science module. We are doing the three compulsory units, plus marking out, welding, CAD, secondary machining techniques and electronic circuit construction. If you post your email I'll send you some stuff.

It's also advisable to download the OSCA2 training material, as it gives you a good idea of how others have set up BTEC and pitfalls to avoid.

2. Hi,
    Seen the thread. My school want to offer GCSE Engineering from what I have seen and heard BTEC would be the better option especally with the cohort of students we are attracting. I am moving on to another school in Spetember but I am sure my current department would be greatful of looking at a bit of material to help make the decision.

passg@newacademy.org.uk