1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Level 1 Teaching Assistant interview and lesson observation HELP!

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by 20337671, Feb 10, 2012.

1. 20337671

20337671 New commenter

Hi, I have an interview on Tuesday for a level 1 teaching assistant post at a local primary school.
    i also do some volunteering at that school, 2 days a week. I was told by the dep head that i will be interviewed and then observed teaching a group of year 2 children. I can teach them anything. No topic given. nothing!
    I had no idea that Teaching assistants (level 1) get observed teaching!!
    can anybody help me - i have no idea what to plan/teach year 2 children. i think they may be mid to higher ability
    Thanks in advance. [​IMG]

2. I think at level one you shouldn't have to 'teach' as such but they perhaps just want to watch you interact with pupils. I would choose a book, read a story and perhaps look at a character. How could we describe the character etc. Perhaps you could photocopy a picture of the character and get children to write good describing words on post its to stick round it. The Gruffalo is always good for this because there is lots to describe.

3. 20337671

20337671 New commenter

Thanks so much for the reply. New to the forum so was worried nobody would reply so quick. This forum is amazing. so helpful. Your ideas simple, yet effective.[​IMG] will try and let you know how it goes.
    Thanks again.[​IMG]

4. How did it go?

5. 20337671

20337671 New commenter

Got the job [​IMG] The school siad they were really impressed with me.
    thank you so much for all your help.
    [​IMG]

6. Fantastic congratulations! [​IMG]