1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Level 1 ICT qualifications for learning support groups

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by johnhammond, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Our Head is keen for LS groups to acheive a level 1 qualification in ICT by the end of Y11. We currently do the OCR Entry Level course.
    I've looked into the new Nationals and DIDA at L1 but there seems to be some controversy about the validity of them. We're based in North Wales and have also considered WJEC Essential Skills at Level 1 but I'm concerned about the emphasis on perfect literacy in that qualifcation. I'm keen to give the pupils a challenge, with support, but don't want to waste their time for two years with a course that isn't really worth anything at the end of it
    Can anyone suggest a Level 1 ICT course that they deliver that may be suitable for an LS group at KS4?
    Many thanks
    John

2. I share your concern here, John. The new Cambridge Nationals are awaiting accreditation but I was told at their BETT stand that this is imminent...

Anyone else got a suggestion?