1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Letters to Complain - Year 3

Discussion in 'Primary' started by golf girl, Mar 8, 2011.

1. golf girl

golf girl New commenter

Hi,
    I am being observed teach next week and I was just wondering if anyone had any good ideas for writing a letter to complain. The focus is on pushing my higher achievers.
    Thanks in advance

2. golf girl

golf girl New commenter

3. We read the myth Icarus and Daedalus then complained to the wing wax company that their wax was useless despite using it as per instructions. The children did a lovely job of their letters and demanded refunds etc.

Good luck :)

4. We've just finished a topic on Shakleton's antarctic voyage. The children had to complain about the trauma they suffered on the trip (watching dog's get shot, being thrown from tents into icy water in the middle of the night etc). They were very keen to ask for compensation for their missing frostbitten fingers too! We focussed on each argument in a separate paragraph and addition connectives futhermore and moreover to challenge the HA's.