1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Letters home etc

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by inky, Nov 3, 2011.

1. inky

inky Lead commenter

Does your HT make sure they're presentable?

2. inky

inky Lead commenter

Does your HT make sure they're presentable?

3. I have sometimes felt very embarrassed handing out letters because of the grammar/spelling mistakes. I don't mention it to the HT because, to be honest, I think that she does proof read them.

4. Ha! I always thought so - but when my son recently came home with a letter asking for "a pair of named willies in a bag" I started to wonder.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

No, they're diabolical, as is the school website. What I don't understand is why none of the teachers or the head make sure letters are correct. It's gives the most amazingly bad impression for a school a school to send out letters with spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors. But the website really takes the biscuit. It's been around for a good few years and has even been updated but the front page is still full of terrible mistakes.

6. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Our HT checks everything that goes out down to the last comma. (I debated putting one in after 'out' just then but decided not to - she would have put me right.)

7. inky

inky Lead commenter

Now, InkyP, you have to ask youself if [or should that be whether?] you really needed those brackets.
    [​IMG]