1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

letters and sounds worksheets

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kitten30, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Does anyone know any where on the internet (free!!!) taht I can get hold of work sheets to go with the letters and sounds framework. I want something to compliment my whole group teaching that the children can get on with independently.
    Thanks

2. Does anyone know any where on the internet (free!!!) taht I can get hold of work sheets to go with the letters and sounds framework. I want something to compliment my whole group teaching that the children can get on with independently.
    Thanks

3. If you find any then do let me know as I have been spending an age on producing the odd one (and not very successfully either!)

4. Try First School Years
    http://www.firstschoolyears.com/literacy/word/phonics/vowels/vowels.htm
    Any good?

5. if you can get hold of a copy of the Jolly Grammar teacher's book, it has lots of sheets, games etc for you to pohotocopy.

6. tog

tog

Games on ********** - once they are made they are good for independent group work.

7. Have a look at the Sounds Book Activity Sheets of www.phonicsinternational.com .

The first unit is absolutely free.

Whilst Letters and Sounds is guidance with no resources, Phonics International is nothing but resources and the detailed guidance about The Alphabetic Code is on each Sounds Book Activity Sheet.

New code is provided on each sheet, old code is rehearsed for blending with a cumulative word bank. The word bank includes shorter and longer words so it is a differentiated sheet. Children can use it at their level of with varying amount of support ( and some children will not need support when they know the routines).

They then have some simple handwriting practice, draw pictures to 'remember' some of the words and to engage with the learning (it adds variety to the direct learning) and then they fold up their sheets to under the new grapheme and the teacher or assistant leads them through a spelling and editing routine.

There are many posters to support all aspects of learning throughout the programme - and three or so years worth of material in the programme.

It is also suitable for all ages as it is not pink and fluffy. It is ideal for mainstream and special needs teaching.

The Alphabetic Code Overview Charts which are free in unit 1 can be used with any of the leading reputable programmes such as Letters and Sounds, Jolly Phonics, Read Write Inc, Fast Phonics First and so on - because it is the same Alphabetic Code based at phoneme level that all these programmes are teaching.

It has taken my goodness knows how long to design and produce so imagine how much work this has saved teachers!

8. hey, what jolly grammar book is it that is worth getting?? there are so many i am struggling with which one to get.
    thanks