1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Letters and Sounds - presentation to parents

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sleepingbeauty, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Hi

I was wondering if anyone already had a presentation that they have made or acquired that would be suitable for parents? I'm hesitant to reinvent the wheel. If you have one would you be willing to share? Also any tips when explaining this to parents?

Thanks.

2. Hi

I was wondering if anyone already had a presentation that they have made or acquired that would be suitable for parents? I'm hesitant to reinvent the wheel. If you have one would you be willing to share? Also any tips when explaining this to parents?

Thanks.

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

4. Thank you Msz, a useful handout.

5. I have a Letters and Sounds powerpoint that I received on a training course ( I think!) You are welcome to a copy if you would like to post your e-mail.

6. Hi Jackie3,

I was wondering if you still have the Letters and Sounds powerpoint that you used with parents as I am doing a presentation for my year one parents next week. I would very much appreciate a copy if you still have it.

Many thanks,

Ann Ball

ann.ball@nevillroad-inf.stockport.sch.uk

7. If possiblei would also love a copy of the letters and sounds powerpoint. Would come in very handy for my year 1 parents talk.

My email is joannamitchell1@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you

8. Hi there jackie3,
    I have just seen your post about a powerpoint presentation on letters and sounds. I am planning on doing one soon to parents, and would love to have a copy of the one you have, save me a bit of time in this mad busy world!
    Thanks very much
    annie.add@virgin.net

9. Hello,

Could I also have a copy of your power point. The parents here have lots of questions and it would be useful to have yet another information night for them.
    Many thanks
    carolfromleeds@hotmail.com
    PS the parents love playing with the IWB (if you have one)

10. Just sent out the presentation for the above, it includes a general section on phonics and a section on L&S in particular, hope it's what you are both expecting!

11. Wow, that was fast. I really appreicate it. Some parents have been driving me crazy. I wish they would back off. Any way, the powerpoint will address their questions. Again, thank you you are a life saver!

12. Aaaw, shucks[​IMG]
    Hope everything goes Ok

13. Please could I have a copy too - it sounds like ust what I need

theharpers4@yahoo.co.uk

thanks again

14. Sorry to jump on the bandwagon but i'm about to do a presentation to potential parents about literacy...i think your powerpoint would be incredibly useful and a good starting point. Please could you send me a copy.
    orchidgirl78@hotmail.com

15. Hi

Please could I also have a copy, it sounds great. I have been considering meeting with my parents soon so that will be a great help.

lsboswell6266@yahoo.co.uk

16. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

17. Hello, I would be really grateful if you could also send me a copy of the letters and sounds / phonics presentation. many thanks.

my email is nicki.windle@hotmail.co.uk.

best wishes

nicki.

18. Would it be possible to have a copy of the powerpoint presentation for staff training purposes,
    emma.hennigan@hotmail.co.uk
    thank you