1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Letters and Sounds - Phase 1 planning

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by lolls, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Done. Kelly, I've sent phase 1, phase 2 & 3 to follow (I need to zip them)

2. Hi cazH
    I am new to the nursery and our team is in the process of trying to find a way to implement phonics activities effectively. I would be very greatful to see a copy of your plans.
    Many thanks
    claire_m_stewart@hotmail.com

3. I had a discussion with my FS advisor about this today, we currenlty do an adult led group time focus every day for letters and sounds on the carpet. However, it can be something that is done as an adult led focus throughout child initiated time, e.g. identifying sounds heard during play, making different voice sounds with tubes, buckets outside etc. Or you can choose a focus activity/some enhanced provision that can run throughout the whole week. But there should be opportunities for all aspects throughout your continuous provision and focus time, so these opportunities should go on your planning of where they're covered. Hope that helps!

4. done

5. Please can I also have a sample of phase 1,2, and 3 planning of letters and sounds
    Thanks in advance x
    harness.julie@gmail.com

6. Phase 1 sent, will zip 2 and 3 over the weekend

7. Hi there, i am really new to this but seem to be having the smae problem as other people you have supported. Would you mind sending the support again. Getting stressed. Looking at your plans would be great if you on't mind. Thanks. Debbie. My email is honey_76@hotmail.co.uk thanks so much.

8. inky

inky Lead commenter

(my italics)
    To the OP: don't underestimate the value of what you do almost instinctively. Every song you sing, every silly rhyme that comes into your head as you play with the children, every sound made and talked about on an instrument or other surface, etc etc etc -
    The *** is remembering the retrospective planning.

9. inky

inky Lead commenter

Oh no! Is that a first?
    The censored word is
    b ugg ere d.[​IMG]

10. phase 1, 2 and 3 sent

11. Hi Caz

I'm new to FS and would really appreciate copies of your plans phases 1,2 and 3 if you have the time to post them me. You must be a very busy lady! Thanking you in anticipation. email: waite19@btinternet.com

Susie

12. im new to the FS could I please have a copy of the planning as well.
    thanks in advance

doctor_dre_100@hotmail.com

13. done

14. Hi there, could I please have a copy of your plans for phase 1 & 2, seems a lot of us out there starting it. Many thanks
    lynnejones4@aol.com

15. done

16. Hi, sorry I am so dizzy I put a request in for a copy of the phase one plans last week, but have just realised I mis-spelt my email address! Could I trouble you to send it to the correct address - reverend_lyford@hotmail.com
    Thanks xxxxx

17. sounds very organised I think I am abit haphazard please could you send me copy of plans too.
    frances.g@tiscali.co.uk

18. Hi, please could I have a copy of your letters and Sounds planning for phase 1. I'm just starting in Nursery but was under the impession Letters & Sounds was for children of 5 and over. Is it not to early to be doing this in Nursery?

19. Hi, I bet your really sick of this, but please may I have a copy too. sorry I didn't give you my E mail before. Thanks.
    julia28@ntlworld.com