1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Letters and Sounds - Phase 1 planning

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by lolls, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Can anyone tell me how they plan for Letters and Sounds Phase 1 with Nursery children? I have seen some planning on the resources and it suggests doing daily activities. Would you plan for these activities to be done with small groups therefore plan for adults to do activities with each group every day?

2. We deliver letters and sounds through daily group time (adult led) activities. Would a sample of planning help?

3. Hi, im also confused about Phase 1 as new to this. cazH please could i have a look at your planning to see if i can make sense of it. my email is lmcgonagle@sky.com. Thank you!

4. Thanks cazH. A sample of planning would be great. My email is harveyinfrance@hotmail.com
    I'm just not sure how to plan for sessions that my teaching assistants will be doing. Do you have a number of activities going on at the same time or plan for adults to do group sessions throughout the day?

5. Hi CazH
    I am new into nursery this term and would really be interested in seeing an example of your planning. I was thinking of planning sessions for my teaching assistants too

Advice gratefully received
    kjstorrs@hotmail.com

6. cinderella1

cinderella1 New commenter

Hiya I plan for clld activities and letters and sounds phase 1 listening activities twice a week, we also play a lot of incidental sound games.
    I do some whole class and some small groups

7. cinderella1

cinderella1 New commenter

sorry this is not clear the letters and sounds is twice a week other phonic and clld games every day

8. We teach Letters and Sounds within our daily adult directed group time (1 adult to 10 children). The planning I've sent just shows the overview for a sample week. Because of the very low literacy levels of our children and community (we're 60-70% SEN in most year groups) we take the programme at a slower pace. This means that for phase 1 with our F1 children we initially focus on aspects 1-5 and then build in aspects 5-7. We have been implementing this programme for 2 years now and have had wonderful results in relation to reading and writing, with most children working on phase 3 by the end of Foundation. I have sample planning for phase 2 and 3 if useful

9. I've sent a sample of phase 1, 2 and 3 planning

10. Hi cazH,
    I'm teaching Nursery/Reception mixed class for the first time and will be trying to teach Phase 1 and 2 to the two different levels. Would it be possible to send me your planning too please, it would help me out so much. My email is davies_stef@hotmail.
    Thanks,
    Steph

11. SodaPop

SodaPop New commenter

cazH,
    Please could you send me a copy of your planning? Thanks
    I have just begun an NQT job in a foundation unit and would find a sample most useful,
    rachel.gilson@btinternet.com
    Many thanks,
    SodaPop

12. Done. Steph, your email address was incomplete so I guessed at .com

13. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Thought some people might find this site useful
    It has lots of ideas for phase 1 continuous provision

14. Hiya, I would love a copy of your planning cazH, we are just starting letters and sounds this year! If you wouldn't mind then my email is kit-t@live.co.uk.
    Many thanks!

15. done

16. Hi casz
    I too am rather confused by letter and sounds delivery. please email me a copy of your plans - thanks a million!
    senoritaespana@hotmail.com

17. Hi, we seem to work in a similar setting. Would be interested to see your planning too please, if not too much to ask. Thanks
    flashginge@gmail.com

18. Hi cazH

I too am in the same boat as the others and would love to have a copy of phase 1,2 and 3 plans.
    My email address is aysha101uk@yahoo.co.uk
    Much appreciated!!!