1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Letter to parents?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by upsadaisy, Aug 28, 2011.

1. upsadaisy

upsadaisy New commenter

Your school will likely tell you this, probably has a format they use or could at least show you one from previous. I also don't do until I'm back at school.

Ours usually say what the topic is, what units will be covered in maths and literacy. When we have P.E., mention being in school on time, wearing correct uniform. Mid-morning snacks. When I'm availabe (a quick word in the morning or leave a message with T.A. and by appointment after school)

My daughter's school doesn't teach via topics and writes a sentence about each subject topic.

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

We send a newsletter about 3 weeks in.

3. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

Every school i've worked in, we've done a newsletter. At one school I did one on my own, at other schools with parallel classes we've combined it. It usually just says hi, introduces me, says what we're doing this term, what days PE is on and ways of supporting their child at home (Listen to your child read etc) and then a little come and see me if you need to note at the end. I think it's polite and friendly and a way of reaching out to parents who don't come to the door twice a day and stay yakking for hours! lol.

4. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Wait and see what the expectation is.
    We each send a curriculum newsletter at the start of each half-term that tells parents what children will be taught for that half-term, but there is a a set format for this that we just overtype on for our own classes.
    Monthly newsletters and the like are sent by the head.
    You will probably find out all about this in your first staff meeting.