1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Letter of Resignation

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by har1her1, Sep 18, 2015.

1. har1her1

har1her1 New commenter

Hello,

I need a little advice. I have a very difficult family situation and I now realise that I almost certainly will not be able to return to work once my sick note expires at the end of the month.

I am currently drafting a letter of resignation, but I am struggling a little because I will not be able to work any notice due to significant caring responsibilities at home and the drafts seem a little curt and bland.

It sounds a little pathetic, but has anyone any ideas about what I might out?

2. Morninglover

Morninglover Star commenter

Wouldn't it be better to speak to your HT first, explaining your situation & getting his/her agreement (which you need to resign & leave now or before January), and then you'll only need to write a simple letter saying 'Following out telephone conversation today, I am writing to confirm my resignation, to take effect from....' or similar.

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I agree with FolkFan.

4. wanet

wanet Star commenter

5. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Yes FolkFan's advice is excellent.