1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Letter of invitation for Chinese visa

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by stormyday, Jul 19, 2011.

1. stormyday

stormyday New commenter

Hi,I am going to teach in a Chinese school in August and thought I had all necessary documentation that was needed for my visa, including two forms sent to me by the school in China. Chinese consulate told me that I need an Invitation Letter of the Company before my visa could be processed. Does anyone know if the Employment Offer from the school will suffice.
    Thanks.

2. stormyday

stormyday New commenter

Hi,I am going to teach in a Chinese school in August and thought I had all necessary documentation that was needed for my visa, including two forms sent to me by the school in China. Chinese consulate told me that I need an Invitation Letter of the Company before my visa could be processed. Does anyone know if the Employment Offer from the school will suffice.
    Thanks.

3. No, you definitely need what is called a letter of invitation. Your company should know this and should have sent it to you with the other forms... all together I got 3 pieces of paper from mine (mostly in Chinese) and used these to get my visa.

4. stormyday

stormyday New commenter

HI,
    Thanks for the information. School will send it to me asap. What type of Visa did you get?

5. You MUST have a Z visa. Don't let them fob you off with anything else. :)

6. cityfree

cityfree New commenter

I just sorted mine out. You will need a work permit, invitation letter from duly authorized unit, appointment (book online) and fill in the form online. You will need a Z visa and it will be converted to a resident permit when you get there (through the school).