1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

letter of complaint from parent

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by bnm, Mar 24, 2011.

1. bnm

bnm

I would investigate (by speaking to teacher and looking at book) and then reply by letter to the parent if the complaint is unfounded.
    If investigation shows cause for concern I would meet with parent, thank them for the letter and assure them the matter is being dealt with. Matter closed so far as parent is concerned. I would then follow usual procedures for ensuring teachers meet expected standards.

2. thanks for reply, we were having a long debate in school about involving HOD and maybe HOY. So many people to think about. I think too that the person who receives the letter should deal with the complaint.

3. I agree with the points that suggest passing the complaint on to the right person - I believe that person is HOD if the complaint is about one subject teacher.
    I would acknowledge the letter - probably by 'phone call and thank the parent for bringing the matter to my attention and then tell them I am passing it on to HOD.
    I would speak to HOD and ask them to make contact with the parent also.
    I would then pass the letter to HOY for the file with a note explaining what I'd done.

4. Thanks everybody...will let you know what the next conversation is in the staffroom!