1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Letter of Application vs Personal Statement

Discussion in 'Independent' started by rusmus, Nov 19, 2019.

1. rusmus

rusmus New commenter

I am applying for my first independent school role and have been asked to write a personal statement as part of the application form which is based on skills and experiences that make me suitable for the role. However I also need to submit a letter of application. Would I be right in thinking that this should then be more about why I am applying to that school or am I overthinking this? Should it simply be a letter with anything I couldn't fit into the statement?
    I've done a lot of digging around and I can't find anything. I am tempted to contact the school to check. I would be very grateful for any advice. Thank you

2. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Yes I'd go with letter of application = why you are applying for the job and personal statement how you fit the person spec... it has certainly always worked for me (in various jobs).

3. rusmus

rusmus New commenter

Thank you so much

4. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

You're more than welcome, all the best with it.