1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

letter of application - advice?!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by iamsmile, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Hi all! I am about to start writing my first letter of application and am wondering if anyone has any advice as to what makes a good one?!

Thanks!

2. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

There is loads of advice and guidance from Careers services and the Unions- check out the AGCAS Guide and union publications. in addition the TES last week had a New Teacher magazine. if your university has a teacher recruitment fair then yiou can also find out from the employers there

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

And you should go to the JobSeekers Forum and open the Welcome thread there. There are clickables inside on how to get shortlisted etc. that will help you.
    Best of luck!
    I shall be doing Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contributing to the Job Application Seminars and Weekend Workshops over February half term. We shall be looking at application letters, executive summaries and interviews.
    The next Weekend Workshop on applications is on Sunday 23rd January. Contact advice@tes.co.uk for more details on all of these.
    Look forward to seeing you!