1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Letter of application- 1 or 2 pages?

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Woollyhoolly, Mar 26, 2011.

1. The request is: Letter of appliction and full CV.
    Do heads prefer 1 page letter of application when a CV is included?

2. My applicaton is two pages (one sided). Always got good feedback on it. I always found that by the time you've put in your address, school address, date, Dear......, etc you're almost down to half a page anyway, unless of course it's a tiny font and you include a magnifying glass.

3. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Occasional commenter

I never wrote more than one side of A4 even for headship applications. If you are also submitting a CV or an application form there is no need for your/ the school's address.
    And, as a friend of mine is fond of saying, the shortest and most effective CV in history must be 'Richard Whittington: Three times Lord Mayor of London.'

4. What job did he get?

5. I hope you don't mind if I beg to differ a little. If ever asked to write a letter of application, then I write a letter and set it out as any formal letter should be. A supporting / personal statement wouldn't require that though. Of course, I haven't had your experience, so perhaps I'm being pedantic and its not too important [​IMG]

6. Mainwaring

Shower Checker

7. Mainwaring

True, but he knew how to give the right kind of handshake.

8. What about King Ken and Big Boris?