1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

lets lose weight....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Corvuscorax, Jul 25, 2020.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

14st 3.2lb this morning! That's broken the 200lb barrier. Probably temporary though and it will go up again for the official weigh day tomorrow!

2. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

Well done, blazer! After a week on Slim Fast, I at last lost a pound and a half today ... which puts me at the very top of my SW target range. I'm going back on Wednesday so need to stay there. Will have to be very careful tomorrow - socially distanced garden gathering with friends where we are supporting a local business (that's my excuse, anyway) and having afternoon tea delivered.

3. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

I stuffed myself at a friend's yesterday but today is Fast Day. Starving already.

4. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Didn't weigh this weekend because we had a bit of a feast on Saturday night. Congratulations to losers! :)

5. T34

T34 Lead commenter

Or even better, empty your lungs altogether. Oh no! That would decrease your volume and cause less upthrust.
    I find I weigh less after a bath than before. I don't know why.

sunshineneeded and blazer like this.
  6. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

Well done to all trying to lose weight. Very hard to change habits so I admire your determination.

7. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Congratulations to all who have lost.
    As expected no weight loss this week :(, as I had some last week and so expect it will be another 2-3 weeks before I will see any. :rolleyes:

8. Norsemaid

Norsemaid Lead commenter

You never know @Lara mfl 05 , you might lose some :) I'll remain positive for you :)

9. Corvuscorax20

Corvuscorax20 Senior commenter

Keep going Lara!

10. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Pbath (The P is silent):p:D

11. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I've lost just over a pound in the last few days. We've been having fresh fruit for dessert most days and I'm eating 3 dried apricots each day to, ahem, speed up digestion.

12. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Going by past attempts, teh combination of my 'lazy thyroid' combined with my age means my weight loss is slow.

Oh i will.

13. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Mine has slowed down too @Lara mfl 05.
    I'm keeping going with the gym and swim though. I actually did some (very gentle) weights today. Feeling good for the moment so hope I don't sieze up completely later on!

Lara mfl 05 and sunshineneeded like this.
  14. vannie

vannie Star commenter

You keeping up your water inatke @Aquamarina? I find it helps when you're hungry. At least the frequent trips to the loo take your mind off the hunger...

15. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

The heat here is making exercise difficult. Far too hot to run anywhere, and really unpleasant at the gym this morning, the air conditioning being inadequate to cope with the temperature. The outdoor pool was heaving and the indoor pool not much better. I think I'm just going to have to accept that exercise is just not possible for the next few days.

16. T34

T34 Lead commenter

I set myself up for that one!

You graciously refrained from mentioning the weight of the grime I removed.

17. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

And they're exercise!

Congratulations to all the losers.

18. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

My husband's taken to going out for a bike ride after dark, when it's cooler.

smoothnewt likes this.
  19. Norsemaid

Norsemaid Lead commenter

Lara mfl 05 and Corvuscorax20 like this.
  20. Corvuscorax20

Corvuscorax20 Senior commenter

It isn't really cooler, that the problem, or I'd go for a run