1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

lets lose weight....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Corvuscorax, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Star commenter

Anyone want to join me? Me weight has been a serious problem for decades. I have lost weight before, but put it back on again. I have lost little bits and peices quite regularly, but here I am in exactly the same place again. This was the fourth year running I was mid strict diet on y birthday, and yet I am the same weight I was 4 years ago :(. I can be strict with myself for days or weeks or months, then I slip up, and the slip-up extends for a few days, then a few days more, then i just forget about the whole diet thing!

So far this lockdown.

Put on a stone

Lost a stone and a half

Put 3/4 of a stone back on.

Now that useless muppet BJ is ahead of me!

I am obese.

I don't want to still be obese come second wave.

Anyone want to join in for mutual honesty and encouragement?

freckle06 and ShowerGel like this.
  2. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I can diet successfully in term time but I find it much more difficult in the holidays. When have time I bake!

My current aim is to be fat but fit. I am happy to cheer from the side lines and join in when September comes.

Corvuscorax likes this.
  3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

May last year I was 18st 12. Currently 14st 7. Amazing how motivating a heart scare can be❤️

4. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Congratulations Blazer. I was liking the achievement, not the reason. Come on, share your top tips.

Lara mfl 05 and Corvuscorax like this.
  5. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

If it helps, I always see Tessers as sylph-like in my mind's eye. I've no idea why this is, but you are all looking good from my computer chair! ;)
    I wish you well in your quest. I've kept my weight down over the past four months due to regular running in the mornings plus weight-bearing exercise. Back to the gym later next week for the pool etc.

6. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I need to lose about a stone and a half and although I haven't put much weight on during this period I haven't lost much either.

Just recently I've been getting back into some poor snacking habits and I eat too much in the morning - I know that.

But I do take quite a bit of exercise and I am very determined to lose the weight so I must be much more self disciplined. I have a full Summer of chores ahead of me and I am really going to cut out the snacking. I feel heavy and a bit sluggish and it really is about time I got this sorted.

agathamorse, Alice K and Corvuscorax like this.
  7. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

I keep to a strict diet; the see food diet.

ajrowing and agathamorse like this.
  8. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

Well done!

agathamorse likes this.
  9. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

I do a lot of exercise. I eat healthily but probably a bit too much. My weight never changes at all. It's very frustrating that the extra exercise I've done lately hasn't made a jot of difference. But it's gratifying that if I have a greefy few weeks that doesn't seem to make a difference either. I've dieted sometimes but I always end up at the size I am now. I'm a bit overweight. I'd love to be thin but not enough to diet. But all the best to those who do. I'll also cheer you on.

agathamorse, Alice K and Corvuscorax like this.
  10. vannie

vannie Star commenter

I’m low carbing at the moment and have lost a stone and a half since lockdown. I feel much better in myself but I would kill for a biscuit.

11. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Biscuits and Crisps I've really reduced my intake of - I need to find the willpower to stop snacking - its because I've been at home a lot I guess.

agathamorse and Corvuscorax like this.
  12. vannie

vannie Star commenter

I can’t have them in the house @peakster ... don’t buy em, don’t eat em! I have nuts now and a couple of squares of nice chocolate. It’s fine really.

13. Sally006

Sally006 Senior commenter

I’m with you all. 4 years ago I really got myself sorted. Lost loads of weight as a result of a low carb diet (yep that and moderate daily exercise did the trick). I vowed never to let myself go again. Then I had a breakdown, Was put on antidepressants and slowly but surely the weight crept up. Despite daily exercise during lockdown, the absence of pacing up school corridors made a significant difference. The wetsuit I slipped into 4 years ago was a non-starter!! Just back from holiday (at 15C the Cornish sea was too cold even with a wetsuit) and I need to take myself in hand. I’m a keen swimmer so look forward to resuming it at my local gym - though I’m still wary about indoor pools. Check out Patrick Holford’s Low GL Diet. Any low carb ones are good but he does make you rethink everything you eat in a positive way. The Hairy Dieters are also brilliant for those that love to cook as you get fab dishes with fewer calories and carbs.

14. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Have never dieted. I can tell by my clothes, if I need to lose any poundage.

Have stopped buying chocolates, biscuits, crisps etc. If they're not in the house, I can't eat them.

Excess poundage then falls off.

15. hplovegame48

hplovegame48 Occasional commenter

I managed to lose weight during Lockdown. Basically, I cut sugar, bread, potatoes and rice out and eat lots of veg. I stopped running and instead walk 5k or workout at home for an hour.
    Luckily, I'm not tempted by cakes and crisps etc.
    It's a case of finding what works for you.

16. Flowersinspring

Flowersinspring Lead commenter

Middle age spread. It's really a thing, innit? Metabolism is shot to pieces. No matter what I eat my body is expanding and I hate it. I do loads of walking - hills and everything! - but the stomach ain't havin' none of it.

17. Corvuscorax

that is amazing. Congratulatons

agathamorse and hplovegame48 like this.
  18. Corvuscorax

well done. Congratulations

agathamorse and vannie like this.
  19. Corvuscorax

I know what you mean. I am very active, but it doesn't help :( or maybe I would be even fater if I wasn't so active.

its lack of control around high calory food. :(

Alice K likes this.
  20. Corvuscorax

I am going to try slim-fast for a couple of weeks to get started. I am also going to post my true life weight publically here, every Monday morning.