1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Let's bang our heads together and sort this mess!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mrcooldude, Sep 9, 2015.

1. mrcooldude

mrcooldude Occasional commenter

How has your school decided to show progress? (Sounds such a strange thing to ask doesn't it?) Is your school particularly hung up on showing it through pages of data? Like the rest of you, we know the books are more important than ever in showing progress, but is the data side of things still as important? We're using the triangulation of books, test results and lesson observations to show 'Good' teaching , coupled with trialing a tweaked form of the Michael Tidd excel trackers and target sheets which the teachers regularly refer too in order to ensure there is that coverage - this is hardly innovative! Has anyone come across an approach which is really clear? I hope to get some replies as am looking forward to what you're all doing out there.

Cheers

2. michaelt1979

michaelt1979 Occasional commenter

3. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Definintion of 'progress' should include improvements in social, personal and emotional growth. These being hard to 'calculate' are largely ignored but are often required to enable ' progress ' academically'

4. mrcooldude

Thanks Michael!

5. mrcooldude

I agree minnie me. It's just a strange time in education because so many schools are trying so many different things out.

6. ecawemma

ecawemma New commenter

Great blog post michael - thank you so much for sharing.