1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lesson uninspiring!

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by jubilee, Mar 26, 2012.

1. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

most teachers would 'burn out' if they had to plan and deliver all-singing, all-dancing lessons every day on a full timetable. The reduced teaching load on a PGCE placement allows you to experiment and be creative. The reality of a f/t post is that you have to make sure that you deliver the SOW in the time available and you have to have to time to sleep, eat and have some personal/family time too!

2. PaulDG

PaulDG Occasional commenter

Do you really think the kids either appreciate or even want "all singing all dancing" lessons all the time?

I know my kids don't - when their teachers get the games out, they're vocal enough to actually say, "can't you just give us the worksheet and we can get on with it instead of all this mucking about, please?" (though I can't guarantee they're always that polite about it.)

3. Sometimes lessons need to be hard work, not everything can be 'entertaining' all the time. The trick is to spread such lessons out rotate them between groups mix the type of lessons (don't do death by a thousand worksheets' and don't be whizz bang all the time: that can be just as boring eventually!
    You haven't changed as a teacher - you are just trying to get used to the demands of full time teaching over the PGCE.
    The Sage