1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

lesson plans,

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by KitMaff, Nov 15, 2011.

1. http://www.lancsngfl.ac.uk/nationalstrategy/ks3/english/index.php?category_id=147

Just click on APP writing assessment guidelines.

2. kazzmaniandevil

kazzmaniandevil New commenter

Thank you Kit, I will try and read through it to make some sense and see if I can include it in my work. Either that or I might print it out and add it to the folder of stuff im giving in.
    Kazz

3. I think you're over thinking this.

I think they just want to see that you have thought about something you might want to teach and how you would make in engaging (i.e. interesting). Talking about using superheroes is a great example of this. I'd be surprised if the interviewer(s) really want you to link to the assessment focuses or APP criteria. You'll learn about all this on the course.

You could talk about how to make grammar interesting and some of the problems working against you. Teaching a low ability group about more than one part of speech in a lesson is very ambitious and unlikely to work, by the way.

4. kazzmaniandevil

kazzmaniandevil New commenter

I think your probably right!!! I have managed to culimante the begnnings of a lesson plan, a power point presentation with all additional resources that would be used in the potential lesson. In the 4 minute presentation I have to explain:
    A brief description of the structure of the lesson
    An outline of the strategies used
    exemplfication of the learning activities which the pupils will undertake.
    So I was just going to summerise the lesson plan that i have written out .