1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lesson plans for 2nd primary SCITT interview- any ideas??

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by lottielou265, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,
    I have a second interview at my chosen school for the primary SCITT this Friday. I thought that I would be spending some time observing in the classroom, but they want me to prepare and lead a lesson! Eek!
    It will be for a year 4 class, and I can choose whatever subject/ topic I like, but this is where I get stuck. Has anyone else had to do something similar for their second interview, and if you did, what subject did you choose?
    I was thinking of doing a history lesson, possibly the Egyptians or the Tudors, as history is my favourite subject. I've had a look on the bbc website and on here for lesson plan ideas, but any help anyone could give me would be much appreciated!!

2. Hi everyone,
    I have a second interview at my chosen school for the primary SCITT this Friday. I thought that I would be spending some time observing in the classroom, but they want me to prepare and lead a lesson! Eek!
    It will be for a year 4 class, and I can choose whatever subject/ topic I like, but this is where I get stuck. Has anyone else had to do something similar for their second interview, and if you did, what subject did you choose?
    I was thinking of doing a history lesson, possibly the Egyptians or the Tudors, as history is my favourite subject. I've had a look on the bbc website and on here for lesson plan ideas, but any help anyone could give me would be much appreciated!!

3. How much time do you have? If it's less than an hour, think the less the better. Start by thinking what you want children to learn/be able to do at the end of the lesson - i.e. clear lesson objective and share it with children. Think of a snappy, lively introduction, perhaps a game or quiz to get them started and interested. Devise an interesting activity, with suitable differentiation and share with children your expectation, i.e. what they are expected to do or produce. In the plenary, link up with your lesson objective to see how far they have met the target, let them self-assess through peer marking. Make sure you have clear NC reference to your learning outcome. Get your resources ready. Print out copies of your lesson plan and distribute among observers before the lesson.