1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lesson Planning

Discussion in 'Primary' started by harrison28, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I am in my first year of my Primary Education with QTS course and I am wondering if people can send me some of their own lesson plans on any subject that I can have a look through. This will hopefully give me a better insight into how much information is required and how the progression works throughout the lesson.
    We are going to start doing our own lesson plans when we start back in January 2012 however, I wanted to get a start and get my brain around things while I have got a short break over xmas.
    Would you be able to send any relevant information to my email address of - jaquesharry@yahoo.co.uk
    this would be greatly appreciative,
    regards Chris.

2. greta444

greta444 New commenter

At this time of year, my lesson plans look like this:
    Monday: rehearsal, make fluffy robins, calendars, free time.
    Tuesday: Rehearsal, make xmas cards, P.,E. free time
    Wednesday: Tidy up, rehearsal, ... you get the picture!

Enjoy your holidays, don't work too hard, there's plenty of that to come in the future.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Your ITT provider ought to have given you a blank template to use. The school you are going to will let you know how much detail they want. They will also tell you what topics/subjects you will be planning for.

Much as I can see why you would want to get ahead, there isn't actually a lot you can do at this point.

If you look in the resources section here, there are a zillion different plans for a zillion different lessons. You'll get the idea that there is no 'one way' to plan.

Good luck.

4. marylamb

marylamb New commenter

Hi
    Enjoy the holidays, it's the last one you will have in a while!
    Trying to use other plans to match your schools needs will be pointless. Each school / criteria has a different idea on what they want to see on the plans. Even then, someone else will come along and change it!
    To be fair, there are generic stuff that should be on all plans: vocab / list of resources / AFL / LI / outcomes of lessons / differentiation / tasks / role of TA / Extension for G&T / SEN / EAL provision etc
    It is great to see you are eager, but I would not recommend having too much of a look around, you will feel overwhelmed.
    Enjoy your hols and once you have started in January, it will become more clearer - You will have a better starting point which you can work from.
    Hope this helps,
    Good Luck