1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lesson planning for schemes of work

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by marikalouise, Feb 9, 2012.

1. I am teaching in an academy. They expect lesson plans for every lesson. Luckily we share the schemes of work. I was given a particular SOW to write from scratch that included LP's for another teacher as we share the group. This particular group are KS 4 and taught over 6 lessons per week. What I would like to know is could I have said no to the planning for the senior teacher I share the class with and could I have said no to planning the SOW as I am also planning other SOW's.

I was always of the belief that it was the responsibility of the HOD and more senior ranking teachers to plan in this manner. I was also of the impression that after a relentless year of planning in my NQT and PGCE I would be trusted to plan my work through making power points and other resources. Is this unusual or are all schools becoming paperwork mad?