1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lesson Plan Guide

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kmyria8, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Hi!
    I've got an interview-(Englsih) coming up and struggling with it. 'how the writer creates atmosphere' for year 8.any ideas?I'm having problems with lesson plan as well-what do I write in 'context' and 'plenary'? is there anybody willing to send me a sample lesson plan of this millenium,'cause I'm kind of stuck in the previous one.Thanks.

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Goodness this worries me a lot.

Presumably you are applying for an English teacher post in a secondary or middle school so really ought to be able to come up with the bare bones of an idea to start. How writers create atmosphere isn't a massively advanced topic. We do it in year 6. Come up with some ideas of your own and ask for people's opinions, you'll get a better response.

Are you sure you are ready to take this post should it be offered? A teacher ready to take on a class, should really know what 'context' and 'plenary' mean with regards to a lesson plan.

Sorry not to be more helpful. I could give you a step by step lesson plan, with all the bits you need. But it wouldn't be fair to the school who want to appoint someone who can plan and teach their own lessons.

3. appreciate the reply, though not a very encouraging one.I can see your point(s). I've got many ideas, but just wanted to see if there is anything someone has used that seemed more interesting compared to mine. I can plan and teach my own lessons but just needed some help with a template I've found on tes. The format I've been using so far seems so dated. See, I'm an English Language teacher, having an interview for English Language and Literature. Haven't really taught literature before, so that's why I'm asking for ideas. No worries, I'll manage. Thanks again.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

If you don't like the planning format you have then make up your own. As long as you include all the vital elements it doesn't matter what the layout looks like.

You need to teach your ideas. That is what you will do in the job.

Trust yourself and go with it. And of course best of luck!

5. thanks