1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lesson on a plate was fantastic!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by stuffedcrust, Oct 23, 2010.

1. stuffedcrust

stuffedcrust New commenter

I used the lesson on a plate from teachers tv called Murder Mystery Maths. It was excellent! The children loved it and were buzzing with chatter about 'who dun it'! It links in brilliantly with science too, with a focus on pulse rates. I high recommend it. http://www.teachers.tv/videos/murder-mystery-maths

And just a quick question: How do you put spaces on these posts?! I can't make it start a new paragraph!

2. wow- that really did look good.
    what age did you do it with?

3. Ooh i'd heard about that a while ago will definitely do it now-didn't realise it linked to pulse rate which we are covering next half term! Don't know about the spaces sorry!

4. I just press enter/return key.
    seems to work :)

5. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

This is a browser problem experienced when using certain internet browsers. Firefox and Internet Explorer do not suffer from these problems.
    On other browsers, simply type to start a new paragraph and
    to end a paragraph.

6. stuffedcrust

I did the lesson with a low ability Y5 cohort and it really fired them up.
    Thank you Crowbob, I use google chrome so pressing enter doesn't work for me. I hope your p trick works!

7. stuffedcrust

Crowbob, you are a genius!
    I can now use paragraphs! I'll have to move up the target tree! Thank you!

8. Do you have a link saved for the math murder mystery can't find it anywhere on teachers tv

9. languageisheartosay

languageisheartosay Occasional commenter

Well, I went to see what you were recommending and apparently Teachers.tv etc. will be gone from 29th! So rush to see what you missed.
    Stuffedcrust: Please let us know if you have a different source for the recommended materials.

10. Joi

Joi New commenter

This is a resurrected thread, possibly the reason why the link in post 1 doesn't work any more. I wonder if this would be similar?

http://www.teachers.tv/series/crime-scene-investigation