1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

lesson observation!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by emz08, Jun 27, 2012.

1. hey guys really need some help! just found out our schools improvement officer is coming in next week for lesson observations! As I only just started at the school in April I want to show him a good- outstanding lesson! and we basically have to! our topic this half term is colour I was thinking about doing elmer and linking it into unit stories about fantasy worlds and chn create thier own setting perhaps meet new character to begin own story. anybody got some good ideas or perhaps been observed doing something similar? would appreacite any ideas :)

2. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

Let's hope the SIO doesn't read this ...

3. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

What year group?

4. Ever used Alan Peat materials - boxing clever idea would work well for you, and could introduce differentiation through his 'exciting sentence types' which range in complexity. I did this not so long ago and achieved outstanding. As its organic in creating setting, characters, problem etc and the kids generate it through pulling pictures from a bag/box, they really buy into it and are highly enthused.
    We used the technique to 'skeleton plot' our story and then the children orally reheased the parts of the story using patterned language and those expected exciting sentences, this obviously hit speaking and listening targets and enabled children to dramatise the story, become familiar with it before writing.
    Good luck with the observation!