1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lesson observation

Discussion in 'Primary' started by supp, Jan 19, 2012.

1. supp

supp New commenter

Hi,
    I have a lesson observation in numeracy, next week. I was going to look at estimation / capacity and wondered if anyone had any fun practical ideas. (year 5 class)
    Thanks

2. supp

supp New commenter

Hi,
    I have a lesson observation in numeracy, next week. I was going to look at estimation / capacity and wondered if anyone had any fun practical ideas. (year 5 class)
    Thanks

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

What exactly do you want the children to learn in the lesson? What sort of level are they working at?

4. char2505

char2505 New commenter

Saw something on Teacher's TV once where chn had to make a potion out of different colour liquid, using the right amounts.

5. Make "mocktails" using different fruit juices! Children can create their own recipes using different capacitys, estimate amounts, check measurements!

6. Practical, fun ideas are great and will obviously be greatly appreciated by the children but remember to keep focus on what the children need to learn as next steps.