1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lesson Observation--What do you think of this?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by starjin5, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Hi All
    Hope you've had a wonderful Monday! I'm exhausted and have just found out Im being observed later in the week. I am one that stresses over observations, so Im not going to bed until its done and I can forget about it until it happens.
    Right my topic is 'Just Imagine' we've been doing Fairy tales up until now, but my boys and some of my girls have shown a real interest in rockets, aliens, planets etc so Ive decided to have an alien week this week and so far so good.
    My head would like to see me doing something related to the topic and something creative! So my idea is to show on the IWB a picture of Beegu(Id like to jazz this up a bit and not just show it, so any ideas are welcome-maybe have a magic box covered in silver and my neo could bring it into the class saying she could hear crying!?! Then open box and see Beegu/and story?), discuss what it is? where it might be from? Why do you think that? etc Lots of higher order questions.Maybe do a character profile.
    Then Read story, stop halfway through and maybe do some hot seating---how do you think she feels?why?
    What could we do to help Beegu get home? Im hoping one of my bright sparks says make a UFO.
    Then take a small group to table to make a UFO/saucer etc.
    Any ideas greatly appreciated.
    Thanks a million
    x

2. Hi All
    Hope you've had a wonderful Monday! I'm exhausted and have just found out Im being observed later in the week. I am one that stresses over observations, so Im not going to bed until its done and I can forget about it until it happens.
    Right my topic is 'Just Imagine' we've been doing Fairy tales up until now, but my boys and some of my girls have shown a real interest in rockets, aliens, planets etc so Ive decided to have an alien week this week and so far so good.
    My head would like to see me doing something related to the topic and something creative! So my idea is to show on the IWB a picture of Beegu(Id like to jazz this up a bit and not just show it, so any ideas are welcome-maybe have a magic box covered in silver and my neo could bring it into the class saying she could hear crying!?! Then open box and see Beegu/and story?), discuss what it is? where it might be from? Why do you think that? etc Lots of higher order questions.Maybe do a character profile.
    Then Read story, stop halfway through and maybe do some hot seating---how do you think she feels?why?
    What could we do to help Beegu get home? Im hoping one of my bright sparks says make a UFO.
    Then take a small group to table to make a UFO/saucer etc.
    Any ideas greatly appreciated.
    Thanks a million
    x

3. How about a letter from an alien asking for help. They are stranded on earth. Can the children help the alien get back home?

4. Thanks so much for responding. Love the letter idea I may get it to fall out of my register with space dust :)