1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lesson observation time frame

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by 700W, May 8, 2012.

1. Hi,

I started a new post at Christmas. I had my first observation in Feb and have only received the feedback today. Management now want to book my second observation for Friday - this ob will determine the outcome of my probation period. I have a few minor areas to work on but three days isn't long enough to seek advice and act upon it especially as when I asked how it had gone after the ob in February I was told it was fine! Is there a time frame for how the next observation should be after receiving official feedback for the previous ob?

2. Hopefully someone else will be able to clarify, BUT I have always had to work to the following guidelines:
    • initial feedback after the lesson - preferably the same day but at latest the next working day
    • full formal written feedback within one week of the observation

3. Yes, they are the timeframes I have to work within too. Anything longer than a week for feedback makes, IMO, the feedback weak and ineffective. Don't know about anyone else but I find it hard to remember a lesson from yesterday, let alone a week ago.