1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

lesson observation science yr 2 ADVICE please!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by littlemy111, Mar 2, 2012.

1. littlemy111

littlemy111 New commenter

Thank you both for your positive comments, they really help. Unfortunately we have already done the circuits cards type lesson....arghhhh!

Will just have to keep thinking!

2. Wuzzy

Wuzzy New commenter

Regardless of what you eventually decide to do, make sure that every buzzer works and that you have sufficient cells that work.
    It wastes so much time (and won't get the children learning much) if the equipment isn't up to scratch. So often resources for electricity are put away with cells that are flat muddled up with new ones, broken bulbs ditto and then you find there are only 3 buzzers and 2 motors for a whole class!!
    Challenging the children to make a buzzer circuit with pressure switch sounds good fun. Can I suggest that you give each child a role within the group? e.g one to collect equipment (you could tell them what they need or stretch them further by providing a range of equipment to choose from), one to record work, one to feed back to the rest of the class, one to put the circuit together. That way they all have to contribute orally, but each also has a specific role. If your class were up to it you could get them to assign their own roles within their group.
    For differentiation purposes, just in case any groups get stuck, you could have some 'helpful hints' cards available.
    Good luck - hope it all goes buzzingly for you!

3. Hi your lesson sounds fab. I was thinking if you wanted to include opportunities for peer assessment you could create labels with x can create a working circuit and a peer can 'sign' it. you could stick them in a book and add photos of their work and create a class book on Electricity using their ideas written on post-its/speech bubbles. I use this with my Y1/2 mix class and find that a scrap book with coloured pages from Smiths makes it a quick way of including A4L and having a topic/theme for chn to return to.
    Hope all goes well good luck! [​IMG]