1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

lesson observation - oral storytelling

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by missh27, Feb 6, 2012.

1. So next monday I will be being observed by thehead of EYFS and the headteacher.
    I am 5 weeks in to telling my oral story - the squeaky story. so i am going to tell that as my carpet session.

what would be a good follow up activity to this?
    i originally thought telling the story in groups but not sure if that is too similar to the carpet session.
    any advice would be helpful
    Miss H

2. katiejane1

katiejane1 New commenter

What about innovating the story in groups- changing the character, setting, or some of the events?
    or making their own story maps of the story- HA could label the story map, MA draw their own and label with intital/end sounds and LA draw story map.
    or speech bubble writing activity based on the speech of the characters in the story or the animal noises? you could have a selection of the animals on the table and children select the animal and write the sound than animal makes in the speech bubbel.
    depends were your children are at with their CLL I guess but that might help.

3. it is a nursery class with 65% eal children so i think story maps may be a bit adventurous?
    this week we are changing the story as a whole class so maybe we could do that in small groups.

4. headteacher gave me good with outstanding features :)
    she really liked the lesson

5. Hi could you tell me more about your lesson obs i would like to try it thanks

6. inky

inky Lead commenter

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the idea of being five weeks into an oral story. Is this a Pie Corbett thing?

7. I'd like to hear more about this too!