1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lesson Observation Help!!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by natd84, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    I have a lesson observation on Thursday and would really appreciate some help!
    Our theme in nursery this week is the opticians - lesson will start of with a phonics session and move into cll. I have Jim and the Beanstalk which I was thinking of using.
    Thanks in advance!!

2. amjeg

amjeg New commenter

Hi have you used the story - Glasses who needs 'em? Brilliant for your topic. You can make letter charts with the children. Have independent activities such as making glasses in Creative area; Letter shapes in playdough; letter shapes in sand/ gloop etc. Opticians role play - they can use their own charts and glasses.

Not sure if any of that useful but you could use another day if not for your obs.

3. Another good book for this theme would be 'Anna's Amazing Multi-coloured glasses'.
    It goes through days of the week, colours and patterns. In the past, we've made glasses using coloured cellophane. The children love them, althoug it is fairly labour intensive for the adults.

4. Thanks for all of these ideas!!!