1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

lesson observation HELP!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by nstock88, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Hi, was wondering if anyone could help me? I have been short listed for a job and have an observation on wednesday. I have been told its wih a year 2 class with 22 children of mixed ability in it. The lesson has to be on narrative writing and is half an hour long.
    Im struggling for ideas on what to do. Anyone got any ideas?
    thanks

2. forgot to say I was thinking of having 3 bags with a character in one, a place in another (e.g a beach or park) and the final one an activity. I would then get the children into three groups and they need to come up with some descriptions of each of the contents of the bag. I would then move on to getting them talking through a story which involves the character, place and activity.
    I was to use talk for writing but not sure this would be as impressive as other lessons or as exciting for the children as i would like!