1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lesson observation for class teacher role

Discussion in 'Primary' started by george1963, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Robberto

Robberto Occasional commenter

Hi, I have had the oddest lesson observation. Head and someone else walked into the back of the classroom and strated having a private conversation. They had no notes, no criteria to assess against.

When I planned the lesson I brought in all the outstanding criteria required by Ofsted etc. Bit like a driving test...covered every angle :) But the two of them were too busy talking about god knows what. When I went up and asked them if it was okay I got ignored....then when they did walk out a congenial. We will be in touch.

Has anyone else had experience of this? No professionalism. It was a lesson observation for a job interview yet those two seemed more like they were in the back row of the cieman.

grrr. #letting off steam

2. JohnJCazorla

JohnJCazorla Star commenter

You ought to be glad about it. They can't do anything but offer the job now.

My last interview lesson was dead-easy because I knew it was me or nobody and even I can rise above that (sometimes). Perhaps it was the same in your case and they wouldn't dare look for anything wrong in case they found it.

3. Robberto

Robberto Occasional commenter

Made me smile. Who knows, could be right. They have a number of roles going at this time of year. Good Ofsted, great building, space, funding but staff leaving and the lowest SATs. Hard to work it out which is why it appeals maybe. Gotta love a bit of mystery. :)

Thanks for your perspective. How's the job going?