1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lesson observaion App?

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by Elfassy1, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Elfassy1

Elfassy1 New commenter

Hi,
    I was wondering if there exist an app for ipad that can be used for a learning walk / 'drop in.' Rather than having a long proforma, it would be useful if I could walk around with an ipad and just click on drop down filters or press to tick a box etc. I am sue someone must have created such a thing but struggling to find any that are easy and simple to use.
    Thank you for help.

2. PaulDG

PaulDG Occasional commenter

Nice bit of trolling?

Or, if it isn't, are you the sort of 'leader' who enjoys the buzz of having to recruit an entire new staff every half term?

rachelpaula008 and Scintillant like this.
  3. Elfassy1

Elfassy1 New commenter

Sorry I do not understand your comment. I am just looking for an app that can help with lesson observations - nothing more.

4. PEmonkey

PEmonkey New commenter

I was on a Chris Quigley course recently and he has developed one. Just google 'chris quigley' and you should find his website, I think its only about £90 and looked ok.

Sistersarah likes this.
  5. rachelpaula008

rachelpaula008 Star commenter

I'm really trying to understand why the OP's question has left me in a depressed state of mind...

It could be the idea that the OP 'feels' a new gadget is what's needed to get the job done.

It could be the idea of 'drop down boxes' and 'press to tick a box'. Very reassuring for the teacher being observed. Please please convince me how an App might replace a written pro-forma.

It could be my general dislike at being interrupted by learning walks when I'm trying to do my job. Have you seen the interesting WD thread concerning learning walks?

Got it!! It's the idea of someone interrupting my lesson, whilst staring at their electronic device, tapping away and generally faffing around with said App. Especially as many schools face a daily battle with students flouting rules with mobile phones. Grrr.

6. Sistersarah

Sistersarah New commenter

Thanks for the info @PEmonkey .Think I'll sign up for the week trial and have a better look at what it offers