1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

lesson obs on any topic... hmmm

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Silent85, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Silent85

Silent85 New commenter

I am getting a lesson obs on any topic of my chosing for ks3 but I dont know what to choose, I want to show elements of group work but dont want to go down the "safe" spreadsheet route... hmmmm

2. Silent85

Silent85 New commenter

I am getting a lesson obs on any topic of my chosing for ks3 but I dont know what to choose, I want to show elements of group work but dont want to go down the "safe" spreadsheet route... hmmmm

3. The best question to surely ask here is - what are you actually teaching in Y7, Y8 and Y9 now?! No point in doing a one-off lesson, the kids won't get why they've suddenly changed units...

4. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

How about showing them a picture of an old mobile phone and then apicture of one of the first computers and then an old floppy disc (talking about size and capcity) now talk about the size of present systems - now ask them to design what a phone/computer etc might look like in 5 years time. I am sure you could build a lot more round this. It gets the kids thinking and gives them some background to the history and the way processing has grown over recent years.