1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Lesson obs - is this right?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Cupsy, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Cupsy

Cupsy New commenter

This morning I had a numeracy lesson observation from 9-9.45.
    As the children came in this morning many of them brought in money from a trip. This was given to the TA in my classroom. She took the money to the office at 8.55, however as there was some problem with the money she didnt return to the lesson until 9.10.
    When I had my lesson feedback I was told by my Head that I could only be given a satisfactory for my use of other adults as the TA was not in the room for the whole of the lesson. Is this right? The TA is great and is usually there for all of the lesson, so I dont think I could have anticipated this happening.
    Oh well. Rest of the lesson got good, so I suppose I shouldn't be too bothered, it just feels a bit unfair.

2. Cupsy

Cupsy New commenter

This morning I had a numeracy lesson observation from 9-9.45.
    As the children came in this morning many of them brought in money from a trip. This was given to the TA in my classroom. She took the money to the office at 8.55, however as there was some problem with the money she didnt return to the lesson until 9.10.
    When I had my lesson feedback I was told by my Head that I could only be given a satisfactory for my use of other adults as the TA was not in the room for the whole of the lesson. Is this right? The TA is great and is usually there for all of the lesson, so I dont think I could have anticipated this happening.
    Oh well. Rest of the lesson got good, so I suppose I shouldn't be too bothered, it just feels a bit unfair.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Tis unfair, but such is life. Good overall is good enough so this one aspect wouldn't have made a huge difference.

If you are really upset then maybe tell your TA just how upset you are. Bet she nips off for a work with the HT on your behalf, without telling you.