1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lesson ideas for Functional ICT skills entry level3/level 1?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by aw27, Aug 22, 2011.

1. aw27

aw27 New commenter

Hi,
    I apologise if this question has been asked before, and I have searched forums but I can't find much info.
    I have an interview for a post teaching functional ICT skills to 16-18 yr olds and I'm looking for ideas as I have never taught this before (I was a primary teacher) I'm not asking to be given a lesson on a plate just some decent starting points as I'm feeling a bit lost!
    I would be really grateful for any ideas from experienced ICT teachers!
    Thanks x
    (The lesson needs to cover these skills:

Use appropriate search
    techniques to locate and select relevant information
    Organise information of different forms to achieve a purpose)
    <font size="3"></font>

2. aw27

aw27 New commenter

Hi,
    I apologise if this question has been asked before, and I have searched forums but I can't find much info.
    I have an interview for a post teaching functional ICT skills to 16-18 yr olds and I'm looking for ideas as I have never taught this before (I was a primary teacher) I'm not asking to be given a lesson on a plate just some decent starting points as I'm feeling a bit lost!
    I would be really grateful for any ideas from experienced ICT teachers!
    Thanks x
    (The lesson needs to cover these skills:

Use appropriate search
    techniques to locate and select relevant information
    Organise information of different forms to achieve a purpose)
    <font size="3"></font>

3. That sounds like an interview I'be been invited too. I think I'll withdraw now.

4. aw27

aw27 New commenter

Seriously?!

5. There aren't many jobs about right now so when I see mention of one similar to one I've applied for I wonder if it's the same one.

6. aw27

aw27 New commenter

Its part time and its not in a school. Does that help?