1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lesson idea for P6

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by 802stripes, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Hi All
    I am looking for some good ideas for a Literacy observed lesson for p6. I was thinking homophones using games and keeping it active. Any ideas? Thank you.

2. Hi All
    I am looking for some good ideas for a Literacy observed lesson for p6. I was thinking homophones using games and keeping it active. Any ideas? Thank you.

3. Katie_Morag

Katie_Morag New commenter

An introduction asking the children to think of homophones (depending on their ability/ prior learning) getting them to think of as many as they can in groups, then ask one member to remain at the group and get others to 'visit' other groups to find out more, come back to table and add to their lists.
    Then go to different stations.
    They could do split pictures with an example of the two spellings and what they are - rose/ rows , pear/ pair, mousse/ moose, aunt/ ant, sun/ son etc. and they could draw the picture.
    They could complete a story in groups by filling in the correct missing homophones in a story.
    Make up sentences using pairs of homophones - "The ant scared my aunt when it crawled up her leg" etc.
    Then have a quiz at the end for them to do in teams. Or something like that!