1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lesson Grading 2012 - Limited by behaviour?

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by paulgarner, May 4, 2012.

1. Hi

I was observed by our county advisor for Maths yesterday and my Head (for QA) and came out as good with many outstanding features.

I've not had my feedback yet but my Head said that one child, who had had some behaviour (non enthusiasm - bear in mind I'm in a PRU) issues in the lesson, despite having moved on in the lesson, automatically held me back in the Good band.

Is that true?

2. Hi

I was observed by our county advisor for Maths yesterday and my Head (for QA) and came out as good with many outstanding features.

I've not had my feedback yet but my Head said that one child, who had had some behaviour (non enthusiasm - bear in mind I'm in a PRU) issues in the lesson, despite having moved on in the lesson, automatically held me back in the Good band.

Is that true?

3. The criteria a vague enough for the same lesson to be graded differently by every observor. If you got a "good with outstanding" on the latest criteria, you're doing ok. Personally, I think the whole system is flawed, so if I get an inadequate it's the same to me as getting an outstanding.
    cyolba, always self-rated as "couldn't give a toss" :)