1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lesson for interview ...needs to be 'creative' - any ideas?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ribs105, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Morning all,
    I have an interview coming up and the lesson that I give has to be 'creative' - i'm thinking of doing some sort of creative writing... poetry or graphic.... but does anyone have any other ideas?

2. Morning all,
    I have an interview coming up and the lesson that I give has to be 'creative' - i'm thinking of doing some sort of creative writing... poetry or graphic.... but does anyone have any other ideas?

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

The problem about posting an answer to this question is that any visitor to the site can see the suggestion & copy it. Or even the Head seeing that this is not your own suggestion!
    So, my advice is 'Go with what you know. What you're happy teaching.' Then you'll deliver it so much better as it's your own idea & you'll know exactly where to go with it, especially if it needs changing during the lesson depending on the children's reaction.
    So what do you think 'creative' means.Put your own personal spin on it. Then start thinking. What's my lesson objective? Outcome? How willl I differentiate? etc. Suddenly you're sorted!
    In my experience whatever you do, you'll probably never be 100% certain about-iy IS an interview, observed lesson after all, but give it your 'best shot'.
    Best of luck!

4. I totally agree and would add that schools are often looking for something in particular when they set these tasks. Getting a job on your own merit is more satisfying than using others ideas and it means when you get it you know you are what they are looking for!!
    Go for what you believe in because I have a feeling they will ask you to talk about it after delivering it... you need to be believe in what you delivered and talk about it!

5. Thanks for that, I guess I just want to check that I'm not missing anything....
    You are, of course, both right though!

6. Start with a learning objective and go from there.