1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lesson Assessment - thoughts on my plan?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Furni78, Jun 15, 2015.

1. I have just been given my 30min lesson subject for this weds for 20 year 6 upils

. The subject is -

Mystery Theme: Learning Objective : Can I use descriptive language to bring a setting to life?

I am planning to discuss what a setting is and why it would be good in a mystery theme (ghosts, murder/crime setting etc)

Then I was going to give 2 literature examples - one of the examples is this extract below, that I found on the Literacy Strategy - does anyone know what it is or where its from (just first part below!)?

"The wind whipped the snow across the roads. Already you could barely see anything in front of you. It was too cold to be out. The snowstorm blindfolded the town, muffling the world in white silence."

Then i was going to talk about senses, words and adjectives, similes etc to create a setting.

Their exercise was working in pairs, I am giving them a picture of a setting (spooky wood, narrow land, school corridor etc) and asking them to come up a scene. Self assesment to finish off.

Thoughts on this? Anyone got any comments or suggestions of things to improve?

Thanks!