1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lesson advice

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by occold25, Oct 18, 2016.

1. occold25

occold25 New commenter

Hi all, I have a lesson observation in a few days which is going to be on how beliefs affect people's actions. For the main part of the lesson I am going to focus on the example of Desmond Doss, a soldier who never fired a single bullet in WWII and how different groups of people may judge his actions.

However, I simply cannot decide on how to start the lesson. I thought about getting students to discuss in pairs what people believe about the soul, why they believe it and as an extension how it could affect a person's actions. They have done a lot of work on the soul previously so I thought it might be a good bridging point. If you have ideas or recommendations it would be greatly appreciated!

(PS I do plan to put this lesson on TES once I have done it myself)

2. Lemmy

Lemmy New commenter

I'd start the lesson pretending that i really and truly believed the world was going to end at 3pm. The students will think you are mad, especially when you start making teary farewells to them, but at least you are making them see that beliefs really do transfer to action.