1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lesson Activity Ideas

Discussion in 'Geography' started by Higgy3k, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Hi,

I'm currently a PGCE student and I was wondering if anyone had a website or Word document that had a list of some of the potential activities to do in lessons.

I've used quite a few already (Making Newspapers, Booklets, Presentations etc.) but I'm looking for some more.

Basically, I want to give the pupils some information (In the form of fact sheets etc.) and they have to interpret the information and create something.

If anyone has any ideas, that would be brilliant .

Stephen

2. Hi,

I'm currently a PGCE student and I was wondering if anyone had a website or Word document that had a list of some of the potential activities to do in lessons.

I've used quite a few already (Making Newspapers, Booklets, Presentations etc.) but I'm looking for some more.

Basically, I want to give the pupils some information (In the form of fact sheets etc.) and they have to interpret the information and create something.

If anyone has any ideas, that would be brilliant .

Stephen

3. Have you tried the 'Teachers Toolkit' book? That's got loads of good ideas in -not generally an actual product at the end, but some really good activities.

4. Hi

Try teacheractivities.co.uk - it has a compendium of over 200 lesson activities that can be tweaked for any lesson. Hope this helps.

5. Creating a cartoon, creating a podcast or short film, writing a poem about it, creating a model... Just a few ideas...

Hope that was what you were looking for.

Lisa