1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

lerndeutsch website - where has it gone?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by nuttywoman, Apr 10, 2018.

1. nuttywoman

nuttywoman New commenter

In the past i often used with great success resources from the lerndeutsch or yjc.org websites but they seem to have disappeared - have they gone somewhere else or are they no longer available?

2. vonsk

vonsk New commenter

Hi. Thanks for enquiring about lerndeutsch.org.uk. I'm Yvonne, former AST & SLE and the website creator. I'm afraid it isn't available anymore as I paid for it myself for probably around 15 years or more. I left the profession in Dec 2016 to pursue a new career in the fitness industry. During my 28 years in the profession I always put work first and ended up a physical wreck weighing around 26 stones. Over the last 2 years I have been working out and have lost 11 stones or more, am training for a powerifting competition in the summer and own and manage my own boutique gym / fitness studio. I suppose as I hit 50 I realised that I wasn't happy and rather than struggle on I decided to re invent myself. There are so many things I still want to do ... for myself that as a teacher I jsut couldn't do.
    Thanks to all of you who used my resources over the years. I'm pleased if they were useful. I enjoyed making them.
    Kind regards,
    Yvonne Gorrod
    Here is what I do now.
    https://www.franchiseinfo.co.uk/news/2406/case-study-yvonne-gorrod-fitness-space
    https://soundcloud.com/stateofbeingpodcast/episode-20-yvonne-gorrod-general-manager-gym-owner

JL48 and meggyd like this.
  3. vonsk

vonsk New commenter

4. Geekie

Geekie Occasional commenter

Good luck in your new venture, vonsk!

5. vonsk

vonsk New commenter

Hi Geekie,
    Thanks. I'm enjoying it but it is tough to get a business off the ground. Still has plenty of opportunity for me to be creative though.

Geekie likes this.