1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lent

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hezzy_pie, Mar 8, 2011.

1. I spoke to my class (Y2's, 3's and 4's) about why we have pancake day and its connections with Lent and none of them had a clue about any of it!
    So.....I've decided to do a lesson about Lent tomorrow. I know it links with the story of Jesus in the Wilderness - but don't know if I should really tell this as it features Satan?!?!
    Does anybody have any ideas for a lesson - perhaps linked with literacy - about how to get across the concept of why Christians celebrate Lent? Also want to link in the theme of temptation.
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated - I realise this is very last minute!
    Thanks, Heather

2. I spoke to my class (Y2's, 3's and 4's) about why we have pancake day and its connections with Lent and none of them had a clue about any of it!
    So.....I've decided to do a lesson about Lent tomorrow. I know it links with the story of Jesus in the Wilderness - but don't know if I should really tell this as it features Satan?!?!
    Does anybody have any ideas for a lesson - perhaps linked with literacy - about how to get across the concept of why Christians celebrate Lent? Also want to link in the theme of temptation.
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated - I realise this is very last minute!
    Thanks, Heather

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter