1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Leicester & Leicestershire SCITT 2012/13

Discussion in 'Primary' started by andrewtraynor, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Hi all,

I've managed to get a place on the Leicester & Leicestershire SCITT for 2012/13, and I wondered whether there was anyone on here who has also gained a place. I thought it would be a good idea to start a discussion on our experiences leading up to the start of the course in September.

Also, if anyone else has already completed this course in the past, I'd love to hear about your experiences!

Regards,

Andrew

2. giddyG2001

giddyG2001 New commenter

Hi Andrew, I think we were at the same assessment day back in March, I was one of only two girls - the one with the funny name!

Grainne

3. Hi Grainne,

Yes I couldn't forget your name now could I! Hope you are well. Big congrats on getting a place. I thought I spotted your name in the 'sent to' list on the funding e-mail sent to everyone who gained a place.

I've e-mailed Adam to ask if I could start a TES or Facebook group so that we can all begin to acquaint ourselves with one another but I've had no reply yet.

Andrew

4. giddyG2001

giddyG2001 New commenter

Ha ha, glad to see me and my name made an impression! Congrats as well on getting a place, I too had a scan down the names on the list and thought I recognised yours but not anyone else's which is a bit of a shame.

I think the facebook/tes group is an excellent idea, there was a person on here saying she had a second stage interview soon (around now I think) and did anyone have any advice but I've not heard from here in about a week so who knows. But it would defo be nice to get to know people a little better, would make those ice breaker activities I'm sure we'll have to do at the start of a term a bit easier!

Are you able to go to the induction day in June? I can't unfortunately.

5. giddyG2001

giddyG2001 New commenter

Ah, I just replied to a thread on the prospective teachers forum giving some tips as well - maybe it was the same guy.

I live just off Narborough Road in Leicester, it's quite near Dovelands (well a bus ride away) which is good as I don't drive, really have to learn over the summer. What about yourself? I seem to remember a few people mentioning Nottingham or they went to uni there?

6. I'm based in Melton Mowbray, about a 45 min drive away. I went to Nottingham Trent University and currently work in Nottingham.